Monday, September 14, 2009

Hiring Fair

I had the opportunity to help conduct interviews for a hiring fair we had at work. It was one of, if not the, biggest hiring fair we have had. I enjoyed the learning experience and look forward to more in the future but it was tough trying sift though the many good people. I didn’t enjoy giving grades that would ensure a person did not get hired. I knew some would cry upon being receiving their denial, but most, if not all would at least feel some of the pain that comes with rejection. Every applicant could have done very well there, given the right training and leadership; however, the needs of my employer were only so big. Many were more educated and mature than myself, so it was a humbling experience for me. The humbling experience caused me to realize again what a great blessing my employment is and look past all my minor complaints. I often think of this when my minor complaints tempt me to find another job, quit or give less than all of my effort when being paid for my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment