Monday, September 7, 2009

MCOMM 320 1

I once attended a Creative Writing class in high school that I thoroughly enjoyed. My teacher’s philosophy was great. It was simply to get us students to express ourselves through words. The assignments were many, but completion was all that was needed and you got bonus points for being creative. Completing the works wasn’t always easy though because he would require us to correct all grammar and spelling mistakes before he would mark the work as completed. I thought it was a great way to learn. We would write fearlessly, our teacher’s continued praise and encouragement only fueled our courage. I recall one of the first assignments we received was to write a lawless poem, meaning he wouldn’t be making us correct the grammar errors; the only law was it had to be 30 lines. I procrastinated and ended up writing a 30-word poem, a word for each line, he loved it.


I am currently attending a Business Writing class at BYU.

Lesson #1- 101 ways in which you suck at the grammar, oh boy…. 102, 103, 104 hmm shouldn’t the number be decreasing? It is like going slowly down stream while swimming up. I have always enjoyed swimming in rivers though, so sink or swim I’ll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment