Wednesday, November 6, 2013

11/5/13

I've been thinking of doing this for a long time since I have some friends that do and it's fun to read their posts and I really don't know where else to record these things.  I think I am going to write down the funny things my kids say or do here.  And maybe not just funny but just the little things about them that they will eventually grow out of and they will be forgotten unless they are written down. So here goes...

Evelyn 20 months old.
Today Evi played outside for a long time by herself (wahoo!) while I was making dinner.  She suddenly came running up to me with very blue hands and feet from chalk (obviously she discovered they worked on her skin too) and she was very very excited! She ran up to me gibbering but I could tell exactly what she saying, it was something along the lines of  " Mom! Look at my hands! They are blue!!!!"  It was the cutest thing! She was sooo excited.

On Sunday during family dinner, we were at Grandma and papas house all the kids were done eating and playing upstairs ( except Macy) and all the adults were sitting at the table downstairs chatting.  Suddenly Evi runs up to the railing by the stairs looks down and yells "Macy, Macy!"  Bethany and I look at each other and both say at the same time, " did she just say Macy?!" It was the first time she said Macy's name. So cute.

In June Evi and I went to home for a visit before Hyrum came.  One day we went to Pirates cove by my mom's work with Josh, Ashley and the kids.  Evi and I were playing in the little kids pool area and Evi saw this little boy who was probably around her age, Evi ran up to him with her arms outstretched to give him a hug, which was normal she did this with most kids she saw, this made the boy a little uneasy but he allowed it and then all of a sudden Evi tries to go in for a kiss!  You should have seen this little boys face he was shocked and had no idea what to do!  It was so so funny!  At 15 months evi had her first kiss. ;)

Hyrum 9 weeks old
 Hyrum loves loves loves to be naked.  He can be screaming his lungs out and nothing will calm him down and then I'll go change his diaper and he'll stop suddenly and start smiling and cooing and then I'll put another diaper back on and he will resume his screaming. Anytime you change his diaper or strip him for shower time he will smile and coo. It's definitely his favorite thing.  He also loves the shower, if I want to shower all I have to do it lay him down on our memory foam mat right outside the tub and he will just lay there happy as can be listening to the water for however long I need to shower, it's wonderful!

Hyrum's very first smile, that I saw, was the day he turned 6 weeks.  I was going to get him for one of  the middle of the night feedings and he saw me and the biggest smile stretches onto his face, it was the cutest thing.  He hasn't done it since and it took a week or two before I saw another smile but I definitely could not have picked a better first smile :)

1 comment: